June 2, 2012

Bluetooth Keyboard Light

I recently purchased a nice wireless bluetooth miniature keyboard in order to control my computer and beamer from the couch. There was a little problem, whenever it was dark i couldn't find the right keys on the keyboard! Thats why I installed a little Led lighting up the whole keyboard!


Read more for the whole Mod!

I opened up the bluetooth keyboard and located a laserpointer which was pretty useless for me.



The laser diode runs on 2.6 Volts. I unsoldered the diode and soldered some cables to the contacts:




After closing the keyboard and pulling the wire through a little whole I attached a little blue Led.






Now I'm able to see the keys in the dark - just push the Laserbutton and the Keyboard lights up! In order to disperse the light I put a long piece of plastic on the side of the keyboard: